Wednesday 15 September 2021

Autumn vibes

 low sun behind tree in green park with leaves on the ground
I always get a wee notion to blog around this time of year. Something about the nights drawing in, the autumnal colours and of course, the pumpkin spice lattes, makes me feel all cosy and nostalgic. 

In my Autumn is in the air post last year, I was already fully ready to embrace the new season by the beginning of September. This year I'm grateful for a slower transition out of summer because it seemed to go by in a flash. We've had some serious sunshine over the last week (unheard of in Scotland) so I'm dipping my toe into autumn without the darkness and freezing-ness. 

2 bright orange roses with soil in the backgroundblack bench with steel rainbow attached

I'm a creature of habit, and many of the exciting things about autumn I mentioned last year still apply. What I'm most loving about autumn right now is:

  • pumpkin spice lattes - but this year skinny and decaf - they taste just as good 
  • gold glitter nail polish - cos I've finally stopped biting my nails
  • autumn makeup - red eyeshadow and Velvet Teddy
  • cropped camel jacket - third hand #lovetheplanet
  • taking photos of nature and other gems while out running
  • burning candles
  • chilli con carne for dinner
  • pinning to my autumn board on Pinterest
  • my new matching white hoodie and joggers - channelling Molly Mae
And now restrictions are mostly lifted, I'm thoroughly enjoying doing fun things again and savouring every second. A real highlight was last weekend when I went to see Chicago. It was the first show back at the Kings Theatre in Glasgow and it was incredible. 

What do you think is the best thing about autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment