Sunday 11 April 2021

ffs Review: Shaving and Beauty Products with the WOW Factor*

3 tubes behind rose gold razor, small canvas bag, and razor blades with ivy plant in background

When it comes to shaving, I've always done what you absolutely shouldn't do. Despite being part of the beauty blogging community for nearly a decade, I didn't invest or care about it at all. 

I feel like I'm confessing my sins here but... I bought the nastiest, cheapest, disposable plastic razors. To make myself feel better about the disposable part, I'd probably use them more times than you're supposed to. I would occasionally exfoliate before, but more often than not it was simply a case of - cringe - hacking my poor legs. They'd be irritated and dry. Definitely not a nice blank canvas for the fake tan I love when it's legs out season.

With summer just around the corner (hooray!), you can imagine how delighted I was when ffs got in touch asking if I'd be interested in trying their razor subscription box.* One look at their website and of course I said yes. 

  • Real bodies? Check. 
  • Aesthetically pleasing? Check. 
  • Cruelty-free? Check. 
  • Rave reviews? Check.
  • Kind to the planet? Check check check check check. 

I'm so here for sustainable beauty products.

No single use plastic or unrecyclable packaging in sight. 

And the name ffs is an added bonus.

The shaving subscription box

In a world where we can get subscription boxes for all our essentials and interests, I guess it was only a matter of time someone took the faff out of shaving and put together the perfect selection for smooth legs. 

long mint and black cardboard box with a range of shaving products organised inside

ffs cover it all, there's:

  • a personalised metal razor
  • 'smooth' scrub exfoliant for before you shave
  • 'remove' shave cream
  • 'soothe' lotion for after you've shaved
  • a shower holder for your razor
  • a safety cap
  • a drawstring pouch
You can sign up for the razor subscription to get you going and blades delivered to suit how often you'd need them. You can cancel or skip a delivery. It's one less thing to think about, with what you need being sent straight to your door. 

The presentation of the box is lovely so it's also an exciting package to receive. Certainly more exciting than grabbing a pack of disposable razors from the supermarket.

The quality of ffs's products pretty much blew my mind. From the weight of the razor to the thickness of the bag - I was feeling real swish. These products are with me for the duration.

Ethical and eco-friendly beauty

Let me just indulge in what really impressed me about ffs. 

At last a brand has done something about the amount of unnecessary plastic and unrecyclable material beauty products usually contain. Here's some headlines:
  1. Their tubes are made of sugar cane.
  2. Their packaging is all recyclable.
  3. You reuse the metal razor handle.
  4. They have a razor blade recycling scheme.

The best razor I've ever tried

Aside from the fact the razor itself is stunning, weighty, rose gold, and engraved with my name, it also works wonders at actually shaving.

rose gold razor with 'Julianne' engraved on drawstring bag that says 'beauty should be effortless' next to rose quartz stone

The grip is fantastic, like it's crafted to fit your hand perfectly. It glides across the skin. It gave me a very close shave - my legs were soo smooth and soft after with no cuts or irritation.

I think the products that go alongside the razor go a long way to making the process perfect too. The 'Smooth Remove Soothe' trio smell lovely (like honey), have natural ingredients, and feel lovely. It's really convenient they've numbered them so you know what you're doing when. And, like the brand itself, the product names are so well thought out, and well - just satisfying because they rhyme. The shave cream was a different texture than expected. It's more like a conditioning balm than your traditional shaving foam. But what can I say? It works a dream. 

There's not one thing I'd change about the whole range. I'm beyond impressed. 

I'll be sashaying into summer with soft, nourished, smooth legs. I'm now buzzing to get the fake tan out because I have a feeling it'll go on well after this new shaving regime.

Have you tried ffs's women's razor subscription before? I'll be raving about it to anyone who'll listen for the foreseeable.

If you're interested in more of the same, stay tuned for my upcoming review of ffs's natural deodorant.

*Ad - these products were very kindly gifted to me by ffs, but all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment