Monday 12 April 2021

ffs Natural Deodorant Review*

2 small silver tins next to candle framed by ivy plant

Following on from my rave review of their razor subscription box, today I'm sharing my experience of using natural deodorant from ffs.* There's a lot of reasons to get onboard, its:

  • organic
  • vegan
  • handmade in the UK
  • paraben / aluminium / BPA / petrochemical / palm oil free

I really care about the planet. Over the last few years I've educated myself on the impact of fast fashion and single-use plastic on the environment. So, I've tried to cut back on my consumerism and buy thoughtfully.

I've been meaning to make the switch to natural deodorant for months. 

But, probably like many people teetering on the edge of 'what I've always done' and ethical alternatives, I worried natural products wouldn't be as good or effective.

I was totally wrong.

I've been using the sensitive and unscented deodorant for 2 weeks now. I'm delighted to say it works just as well as any other deodorant. I'll put it on after my shower at night and it lasts throughout the whole next day. I do quite a lot of exercise now (I know - cray!) and it even works perfectly on my 7k runs or HIIT workouts.

It comes in a nifty little metal tub - recyclable of course. 

It has a waxy texture which turns into a cream on your fingers. You take a pea-sized amount and apply to your underarms. Until now I've always used a roll-on because my underarms are quite sensitive and sprays would irritate them. I thought it'd be weird having a different way of applying deodorant. But it's just like putting on any other body cream and becomes normal after a couple of days.

It's easy, effective and gentle on my skin. 

The sensitive and unscented version does what it says on the tin - it doesn't have a smell. The rosemary & bergamot one smells like Liz Earle, which I'm looking forward to trying next.

I'd say each little tin will last about a month, maybe just over. [Edit - it lasted 6 weeks]. This is probably less than my previous deodorants so will work out more expensive in the long run. But, it's a product I'd be willing to spend that little bit more on, knowing that it's kind to skin and kind to the environment. 

Have you thought about using natural deodorant? I won't look back now.

 *Ad - this product was kindly gifted to me by ffs but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment