Sunday 31 May 2020

The Sunday Post #19

expansive view of clear blue water and clear blue sky with some trees in background
Good evening one and all. I come to you live from the heart of hayfever hell, with a face that feels like it's going to fall off and probably a tree equivalent of used hankies (ew). It's not all bad though, as I'm working my way through some Cadbury's Heroes and it's still lovely and light outside. Have you all been basking in the beautiful weather this week?

What Have I Been Doing This Week?


Doing the 7 Day Thigh Challenge

This week I completed Blogilates 7 Day Thigh Challenge. I couldn't believe how difficult the simple-looking exercises were and I was so proud of myself for following through. A couple of months ago I would have given up after Day 1. While I haven't transformed into Miss Stick-Insect Legs, I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly I improved over the week. What absolutely killed on Monday and Tuesday was totally doable by Friday. It just goes to show - 20 minutes a day can make a huge difference.


Reading The Miracle Morning

Speaking of which, this weekend I read 'The Miracle Morning' by Hal Elrod and I'm going to implement his strategy over the next 5 days to see how much of a difference it makes to my week. His basic principle is that if you commit a short time every morning to self development activities, the effects will translate into success in every aspect of your life. It's borderline cheesy with the whole 'You can do anything you want to do! You can be anything you want to be! This will transform your life,' but who am I to argue with the testimonials if I haven't given it a go? So, come tomorrow, this utter lazy bones will rise with the dawn chorus and exercise, meditate, visualise, write and read. I fully believe that little habits every day lead to big change so I'm excited to do this and see what it leads to.


Making Exciting Purchases

For the entirety of lockdown I've cut down my unnecessary spending to pretty much zero. That is, until this week, where I treated myself to two very exciting purchases:
  • My current trainers are falling to pieces (literally) what with all the walking I've been doing over the last few months so I was long overdue a new pair. Nike were doing 30% off everything and free delivery for newsletter sign ups so I got the Revolution 4 Women's Running shoes for £27.28. I also received my £25 car insurance refund this week so that makes the trainers £2.28...lol - does anyone else justify purchases with this kind of obscure logic?
  • I've been holding out for a good Liz Earle deal for ages and finally this week the free gifts were great value things I will use. I bought the 3 step routine and got a free Gentle Face Exfoliator and Skin Paste. I'm looking forward to trying the Skin Paste as I've never had it before. For those interested, at the beginning of the year I wrote a full post on how Liz Earle transformed my skin.

Working

As I mentioned last week in The Sunday Post #18, I was back at work for the latter half of this week. On Wednesday it was pretty strange as I felt really out of the loop and the day felt so long after lounging about for weeks but by Thursday I was totally back into the swing of things. My highlight was making a promo video which I'm super proud of and which went down really well.

Quick-fire faves

Photo of the week

This never gets old - it's been years since I first saw it and I still laugh.
woman with toilet roll holder attached to her head blowing her nose with toilet roll from it

Doh! Moment

Standing in the back garden last night staring hopelessly into the sky hoping to catch a glimpse of the SpaceX rocket launch. We didn't, but it was kinda calming.

TV Show

Diva in Lockdown is a 3 episode series about Gemma Collins's life in lockdown. I watched the first episode when it came out but forgot about it until it was mentioned this week on The High Low podcast. It's hilarious and light despite being real about the struggles of the last few months. I've always thought Gemma was an icon but when I watched her last TV show I felt like she was overdoing the diva persona a bit and deliberately being mean to people. She's back to her lovable self in this latest show, probably because she's surrounded by family. I have the cheesiest grin on my face all the way through.

Practical Item

After years of applying suncream only out of necessity, I actually love it now! It makes me feel all glowy like I'm on holiday. The best ones I've used by far are Calypso Once A Day and Lidl's Cien Sun Spray. 

The Calypso one is the weirdest but best I've ever tried. You'd think it was hand sanitiser because it smells so much like alcohol but it is super absorbent and I've never been burnt any time I've used it. It's been a staple of my holiday bag for years and now I'm cracking it out at home. Who would have thought it: Scotland is the new Spain. I had a mini of the Cien Sun Spray and tried it for the first time yesterday. It is ideal for doing your own back. 

And that's my weekly roundup. Can you believe it's June tomorrow?! Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment