Saturday 16 June 2012

FOTD | Minimalist Summer Make Up

Hey Everyone!

This is a rather optimistic post today: make up for summer when in actual fact all I can see in dreary skies and rain. However, I thought I would do a summery face of the day in the hope of some better weather.

It is very natural- I think in the heat less is definitely more and no one wants to look in the mirror at the end of the day to find their make up smudged or completely gone.
selfie of girl with brown hair and pink lips wearing little makeup
The products I used were:
Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation in shade 52 "Vanille"
Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in shade 34 "Rose D'Or"
Clinique High Lengths Mascara  in shade 01 "Black
Avon Translucent Pressed Powder
The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in shade 01.
red tube, teal powder container, pink powder container, white tube, beige foundation bottle
For me, foundation is the most essential make up product as it evens out skin tone and covers imperfections so well that on days of minimal make up I can go without concealer. I wear the powder to keep the foundation in place as in hot weather it wears away easily. The blush gives a nice, barely-there glow to the cheeks while the mascara opens up eyes without making them look overdone. Finally, I use the lip stain to add a bit of colour that will last the day and doesn't need to be reapplied. 

As I mentioned, this is my bare minimum make up, and is what I would wear to the beach. It strikes the right balance between that no make up 'I've just woke up' look and the over the top caked face look.

I've never done a FOTD before so I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you would like to see more. I have been really into Pretty Little Liars lately and I am in love with their make up! I think perhaps later I will search YouTube for some tutorials for their make up, particularly Aria and Hanna and if I find anything good I'll post the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment