- Sleep sleep sleep. Give your body a chance to recover. It allows rest and repair as well as relief from symptoms.
- Tea. I don't know if its just me that does this, but as soon as I recognise that I'm not well I go into tea overdrive: English breakfast, pure green or peppermint- you name it, I have a mug of it. While I have absolutely no idea if it has any proven medical benefits or speeds recovery time, it definitely makes me feel better. And a spoonful of honey in a cup of green tea does wonders for a sore throat.
- Water. It seems obvious but there's no better time than when you're unwell to make sure you're getting enough water into your system. Its easy to forget to hydrate when you're constantly on the go but it is completely essential.
- Have a night off. Its easy to be caught up in the late nights but sometimes the only thing I want is to fall asleep at 10pm watching a Disney movie. It gives your body a well needed break and you wake up fresh as a daisy (ready for those early morning lectures).
- Time. Sometimes, time is the only cure. You're body might just need to adapt to new surroundings and new routine, and that doesn't happen overnight. Don't be afraid to just wait it out.
To sum up: have fun, but look after yourself.
PS. I am absolutely by no means a health expert- I'm just sharing my own experience and hoping it will help.