Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Stationary Galore

One of the (few) pros of starting a new semester after indulging in free time, festivities and general relaxation is getting your stationary organised. I've had a thing for stationary ever since I can remember- picture me circa 2001 hanging around my Auntie's office hoping to blag some post it pads and paperclips. I buy and buy notebooks like they're going out of fashion. My favourite places to get my stationary are Wilkinson, Tiger and Paperchase (mostly when they're having a sale). I think this semester I'll stick to pretty much what I done last- write notes on cheap notebooks/ scrap paper in lectures, rewrite them out neatly later and put them in a subject folder to refer back to when revising. It often surprises me how much I have lying around my house that I've forgotten about. I searched for so long for a pencil case that was pretty, inexpensive and practical and couldn't see one I liked anywhere. I found this Ted Baker makeup bag from one of last Christmas gift sets and its perfect! I love the little tab post its in different colours- those came in really handy navigating a 3000 page book. My favourite pens to use are the basic BIC ballpoints because they don't smudge- I don't actually know why I continue to carry around the inky ones. I kind of just like having a full pencil case. Side note: a definite perk of uni compared to school is that no one asks to borrow a pen. That used to drive me insane- why do people keep them?! or worse... chew and dribble on them... ew. 

Are you loopy about stationary? Please say I'm not the only one.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Honestly I've been using my ipsy bags as pencil cases for awhile now hahaha! When I got back for the semester I just buy a plain 5 subject jumbo book so I only have to lug around 1 book to class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! I just take one or two notebooks (depending on how much work I plan on doing) to save my bag being so heavy xx

      Delete
  2. You've gotten some lovely things! I really like the notepad with all the pencils and pens and stuff on it!
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I miss one thing about being in college is my stationary splurge every semester. Nothing better then getting all organised with pretty merchandise x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely that's like my favourite thing! I think I'll be buying notebooks for the sake of it for the rest of my life xx

      Delete
  4. So cute! Sad it's my last semester so I won't be needing more =( Love the "A little Bird told Me" book!
    Katmicru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww at least you're nearly done though!xx

      Delete