Friday 2 May 2014

The Liebster Award

Hey Everyone!

It has been a long while since I done a tag post but I thought since my lovely friend Melanie nominated me last night and I'm taking the whole day off from studying, I would do this one. I'm sure you have all heard of the Liebster Award- I've been aware of it almost since I started blogging (over 2 years ago!) but its only just struck me that I had no clue what Liebster actually meant. With a little help from the old pal Google Translator (ah how I have missed it since the days I would copy over whole passages in French for homework), I discovered that its a German word and translates as 'favourite' or 'dearest'.
The idea is that you answer the 11 questions you were tagged to, and then make up a set of 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. 

Questions 
1. What is your guilty pleasure song at the moment?
This is a really difficult question- I have thought out about 3 different answers and then deleted them because most of the songs I love at the moment aren't 'guilty pleasures' so much as 'pleasures.' But, I have eventually thought of one that, although I don't love,it is very catchy and pretty funny. I'm slightly ashamed to say it is The Chainsmokers' #selfie. 
2. What are you excited to wear this summer?
My brightly printed 50's style Primark bikini. Its sooo cute and pretty- I just fear that if I don't start exercising soon- it'll be worn under a potato sack on the beach.
3. Would you rather give up eyeliner or eyeshadow?
I absolutely love both- but it would probably have to be eyeshadow because on an everyday basis I only wear eyeliner anyway.
4. What is your favourite snack?
Everything and anything. I have been especially liking Belvita Breakfast Biscuits since I tried them recently though. 
5. What is your go-to nail polish colour?
A few weeks ago I bought Topshop's Gilted Nail Polish in the sale for just £1 and I've been loving it. Its such an unusual colour and I don't own anything like it. Its beautiful with a tan and looks so pretty in the bottle too.
6. What is your favourite candle scent?
Fig and Herb by The Copenhagen Candle Company. I had a big 3 wick one from TKMaxx and it lasted almost a year and since it finished I've had their Strawberry and Madagascan Vanilla but they don't measure up to the scent of Fig and Herb. 
7. Diet soda or regular soda?
Regular all the way!! A lot of people may scream at me for my logic but I believe if you're going to have soda you may as well have full sugar because at least sugar is natural instead of all those artificial nasties in diet.
8. Are you a scarf person?
Oh yes! This winter I've been wearing my Primark tartan scarf with my parka almost everyday.
9. Combat boots or girly boots?
Probably combat boots because they're easier to style. Though in general I'm pretty girly, and not a boot person.
10. What is your favourite lip product?
I've loved Topshop Depth over the past few months- check out my review here to see why.
11. What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?
I wasn't that big on cartoons at all- I preferred the Tweenies and stuff. I would occasionally watch a cartoon on CBBC about a dog that spoke but only to his owner? Hmm does anyone know what that was called?

Nominees
As I always seem to do with TAGs, I'd like to nominate YOU if you're reading this- so anyone can do it :)

Questions for nominees 
1. What made you start up a blog?
2. What are your favourite posts to read and write?
3. Where do you find inspiration?
4. What is your favourite book?
5. What TV show/ movie makes you LOL every time?
6. Zara or Topshop and why? (ain't that a toughie?)
7. What are 3 your favourite songs?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
10. What are your HG makeup items?
11. What's the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?

Please be sure to comment or tweet me if you decide to do this- I'd love to read your answers!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the award nomination! i love your answers!! :)
    xxxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete