Monday 26 May 2014

Lazy Day Outfit and Everyday Makeup

selection of makeup on floral duvet: beige foundation bottle, two beige tubes, beige powder, brown shimmery tub, three black tubes and open palette with browns and pinks mirror selfie of girl no head blue jumper, triangle mint necklace and black leggingsSelfie of girl with brown ponytail looking down wearing blue jumper
Hey Everyone!

I'm having a bit of a post writing marathon this evening. Since I've now sat my first exam the major stress/ pressure is off because the rest are pretty spread out. So, of course, I treated myself to whole day off. My thoughts are that if I have a little stockpile of posts at the ready there won't be such long gaps between them. Before I get down to business, I'd like to apologise for the photo quality- sometimes its just so much easier to use my phone than set up my camera. 

The Easter holidays were just a few weeks ago and now I'm on exam leave so for the first time in a good while I've actually been wearing my normal clothes. When I'm around the house I like to be comfy so if I can drag myself out of my pjs I just like to pop on a pair of leggings (mine are from M&S- very good quality) and a big cosy jumper like this royal blue one from H&M. I also added my mint necklace from Primark to this outfit to make it a fraction less slob-like. In case your wondering, footwear comprised of slipper boots from Primark. 

I said the same thing in my last 'everyday makeup' post but what I've been using on a daily basis has been switching up quite a lot lately. I've changed to the Rimmel Match Perfection from the Lasting Finish because it has an SPF and I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. My faith in Rimmel foundations has been reaffirmed. I don't notice a whole lot of difference between the two but maybe if I had both at once it would be different. I've also upped the concealer usage because my skin is still pretty bad. I've been using the Illuminating Touch under my eyes and the Lasting Perfections on my (many) imperfections. Collection is definitely a go-to brand for concealer. I finally did switch up my blush from the Bourjois because I thought the brightness and shimmer of it done nothing but highlight my troubled cheeks. I will probably go back to it when my skin clears up though. 

For eyes, I've finally been showing my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze some love. Its a great option for everyday wear as it doesn't require much effort and sometimes it stays all day without creasing (its a bit temperemental). I will also sometimes blend a bit of a matte brown MUA eyeshadow into the outer corner and crease for a bit more depth. I'm still loving my S&G Archery for brows and No7 liquid liner. The mascara I'm using at the moment is Max Factor Masterpiece Max and it is absolutely amazing. Possibly the best drugstore mascara I've ever tried. It is really lengthening, volumizing and doesn't smudge (even on my oily eyelids). I have even been asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes! I'm so impressed I might have to buy the full size.

On the lips, I've been going between Baby Lips, Revlon Lip Butter in Berrie Smoothie and my new favourite: L'Oreal Collection Privée in Julianne (!) Also, I've finally given into the hype and got myself the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. It keeps oil at bay and has already become a staple of mine. 

What makeup/ clothing items are your essentials for a lazy day?

4 comments:

  1. The blue colour suits you so well. Good luck with the rest of your exams.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely!! Ah thanks I just can't wait till they end xx

      Delete
  2. This is a "lazy day"?? You look fly gurl ;) Good luck with exams, GOOOO JULZ!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete