Tuesday 23 April 2013

Current Obsession: The Great Gatsby

Hey Everyone!

Its been a while hasn't it? My bad- I'm so super busy with school at the mo- my first exam is in 3 weeks (ermygawd!). 

Remember in a Sunday Post a while ago I mentioned my huge excitement for The Great Gatsby film? Well my obsession has boiled over into life-consuming so I thought I'd share a little of my anticipation for the movie with you. 
gold and black movie poster with men and women looking into distance
I think its going to be one of my favourite films ever. It has all the ingredients: extravagance, amazing fashion and an incredible soundtrack. Oh and did I mention Leonardo DiCaprio? 
This is the sample soundtrack. I particularly love 'Love Is Blindness', 'Young and Beautiful' and 'Over The Love' (cannot stop listening to that!) What's your favourite? I love how Jay Z (executive producer!) has taken contemporary songs and adapted them to the Jazz Age. Who knew Crazy In Love would be so amazing 1920s style?

Finally, being typical 'me', I've created a board of Pinterest: 1920s/ Gatsby inspired. Here are a few of my favourite pins.
blonde woman in hat with chiffon floor length cream flapper dressembellished sheer cream sleevebody wearing cream beaded dress and lots of long pearlsblonde woman smiling surrounded by white flowers

Can I just be a flapper already? & don't you think Carey Mulligan is so cute and doll-like?

So that just about rounds up my Gatsby gushing. Please let me know how excited you are for (what I think will be) the movie of the summer.
green and pink floral text with brown outline reading 'Julz'


5 comments:

  1. Ahhh I'm so excited about the Great Gatsby too :) I even created a similar post a few days ago haha http://lanouvellenoire.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-great-gatsby.html

    Adorable blog :) check out mine if you have a spare moment?

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I just read your guest post on Confessions Of a Secret Shopper and I totally loved it!
    Followed you on bloglovin right away! :)

    x Vanessa | houseinthesand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      That's so great thanks for popping over and following :D xx

      Delete