Thursday 3 May 2012

Soap & Glory - Dr. Spot Review

Hello Everyone :)

As you will all know, I absolutely love Soap & Glory, so when I heard they had a spot treatment I thought I'd give it a go.
silver rectangular box with pale blue and pink text which says 'Dr Spot Invisible Spot Fighting Gel'
Claims: Dr Spot Invisible Spot Fighting Gel says it is "A light, clear spot fighting gel with clog-clearing salicylic and lactic acids." and "Improves spots without drying out the skin."

Packaging: Like all the other Soap & Glory products it has quirky, fun and brightly coloured packaging. The shiny mirror like box is sleek yet youthful. However, when I opened the box I found that the liquid had leaked out and had dried in all yellowish around the silver tube. It was quite a disappointing initial set back but I still had high hopes for its spot fighting abilities.

Usage: I put a small droplet of the gel onto my fingertip, dabbed it onto the spot and left it. As it claims, the gel is invisible which was good as you could wear it out without being noticed.

Effectiveness: I am sad to say that I was pretty disappointed in this treatment. After leaving for a few hours however I noticed no difference at all to my skin. 
two images side by side showing two red spot marks in both photos on side of cheek
As you can see, my skin looks the exact same after use.

The only positive I can give is that it did not dry out my skin, which is an achievement as my skin tends to dry out easily. Though its spot fighting abilities for me were non-existent.

Rating: 2/10. Sadly I didn't get on well with this product and would definitely not buy it again. I was especially disappointed as I always expect so much from Soap & Glory products.

Dr Spot is available in Boots or online. Have you ever tried it? Did it work for you?


5 comments:

  1. i hate paying for a product and you dont like it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try using it/leaving it on overnight. Really helped mine to calm down in terms of size and its redness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it but swear by Origins Super Spot Remover x

    ReplyDelete