Monday 20 February 2012

Aussie Aussome Volume Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Hi everyone!

I've always heard such great things about Aussie products and after browsing their website, I decided that Aussome Volume was for me. I actually used Aussie when I was younger but had completely forgotten what it was like. I have quite fine, poker straight hair which on one hand is good because I don't have to style it but on the other hand I frequently feel it needs a bit of 'oompf'. So, whilst out shopping yesterday, I thought I'd give it a try:

three cream bottles with purple AUSSIE brand

Price: Each bottle is £4.49 but currently Boots have a 3 for 2 offer so I got 2 shampoo bottles and 1 conditioner for £8.98. This is more than I would usually pay for shampoo and conditioner though I think this is pretty affordable for such a good brand.

Consistency: Both products are pretty concentrated so you don't need a lot and the bottles should last a fair amount of time.

Smell: The smell of both products is beyond amazing! They're not fruity or floral, they smell very high end, like those used in hairdressers. I think that even if the shampoo and conditioner made no difference at all to my hair I would buy these again anyway, just for the smell!

Effectiveness: My hair is super soft, smooth and sleek after using these products for the first time. It feels really moisturised and in great condition. There are no tugs/ knots at all. As for volume, there is a bit of an improvement.

Flaws: I haven't found any flaws so far. The only thing I noticed was that the shampoo didn't foam very well but I think that was my own fault as I was rationing the shampoo to try and make it last so next time I'll use a bit more next time.

Rating: Overall, I am impressed with this product. It didn't work miracles though the gorgeous smell and softness of my hair after use means I give these products 8/10!


pink yellow and green text reading 'Julz'

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Julz! I don't think I'll be trying this myself one. tried some of my aunt's Aussie shampoo when I stayed over last, but couldn't hack the smell. Would give me a headache. But I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! Aw thats a shame, its weird how some producrs that work for some don't work for others. I personally love the smell, though I can see how it might be overpowering! Thanks, I always appreciate your comments :) xxx

      Delete