Sunday 26 February 2012

MUA Mini Haul

Hi everyone (I think I can get away with saying that now that I have 10 followers-YAY)! Hope everyone's had a great weekend! As usual, I've been pretty busy but I've got lots of ideas for upcoming posts so stay tuned.

Yesterday I was in Superdrug and I had a little MUA haul. I have to say, right now this is my favourite make-up brand. It's super affordable yet surprisingly good quality. Shown below are the items that I purchased:

purple nail polish bottle, white tub, black tube, black eyeshadow palette with browns and creams, silver mascara tube, small black tube
After seeing the MUA Love Hearts products on many, many blogs, I was super-eager to try them. I got the 'U ROK' nail polish and the 'Kiss Me' lip balm and let me say, I am definitely not disappointed! The nail polish is a really unusual colour which I like because I don't have anything like it and the lip balm is great because it is pretty pigmented and stays on for hours. I think I'll do a more detailed review on those soon. 
purple nail polish with white lidwhite round tub with red heart and red writing which says 'kiss me'

I also got '12 Shade Heaven and Earth Palatte' which is a lovely mix of neutral browns and creams. I am super excited to try this as in my opinion its the savvy girls answer to the NAKED 2 palette by Urban Decay. Another bonus is that you save £1 on MUA palettes just now. 

black eyeshadhow palette with 12 shades of brown, cream and orange gold
Another purchase was the Shade 1 concealer for only £1. I tried the tester on my hand and it looks like it blends to the skin really easily and the colour matches my skin tone almost perfectly. 
small black tube with cream band in middle
I had also seen on a blog a review of the Primer so decided to give it a go. It is a nice consistency, not too runny or solid, and claims it can be worn with or without foundation on top. So far I have only used it alone though I didn't notice much of a difference to my face. I'll keep you 'posted' on how I get on with it under foundation.

black thick and flat tube
Finally I bought the extreme curl mascara. The wand is in the shape of a curve which is really unusual but effective. I bought the brown as I don't have any brown mascaras and thought it might be a nice change.

slightly curved silver mascara tube

And want to know the best part? This haul came to a tiny £15! I think for 6 products that is pretty amazing. Thanks MUA! Only thing I wanted but never found was their new lashes, my Superdrug doesn't stock them. I'll keep an eye out for them in other stores though or maybe even order them from the online store.

If you want to get your hands on some MUA products pop into your local Superdrug.

That's all from me tonight, enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I have that mascara in black! It's AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for the comment, that's my first ever one- yay! :D

      Delete
  2. they don't sell MUA in Ireland(where i'm frm ) but after reading this blog post i want it so badly :) they eye pallettt looks amazing,you should do a review of it !!!
    nice blog too :)

    www.heelsandhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really well if you're ever in the UK make that a priority to buy. I was in Ireland in the summer it's really nice and how weird is it that Primark is the same shop but called Pennies? I will do a review! :) Thanks and I'll check out your blog. Oh my, 2 comments in one night we're on a roll :D

      Delete