Tuesday 28 February 2012

Kiss Me: MUA-Love Hearts Lip Balm Review

Hi everyone :)

As you will have seen from my weekend haul post , I bought a MUA-Love Hearts lip balm. I got what I thought looked like the most pigmented shade which was 'Kiss Me', a bright red. 


red tub with white lid and red contents


Effectiveness: I was very impressed. The balm stayed on for at least two hours, which is more than can be said for other lip balms I have. It moisturised my lips well and added a nice, natural gloss.


two photos of same lips: above are matte, below are shinytwo photos of same lips: above matte, below shiny


Colour: I have to admit, I was a tad disappointed with the colour. I was expecting a really pigmented, bright red but instead, this offers a pale/ peachy pink colour. I still like the colour in regards to a lip balm, but I think I'll have to turn to some sort of lip tint for the shade I am looking for. 

Price: It was £2 which I think is a great price. As with the rest of the MUA line, this offers great quality for affordable prices. 

Smell: Surprisingly, the lip balm has a really nice vanilla smell. I usually expect drug-store products to have a cheap smell, or even no smell at all so I was really happy with the smell as in my opinion it improves the quality of the product.


white circle tub with red heart reading 'kiss me'


Flaws: When applying the balm, I found that I had an annoying deep pink residue the finger I had used. Unlike my Vaseline or other lip balms I couldn't simply wipe this on the back of my hand. However, it came off easily with a baby wipe but it concerns me that I might not have these to my disposal if I was out and using the balm.

Rating: Overall, I am pleased with this product and I think it is well worth £2 which is why I would give it 8/10!

That's all from me tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment