Tuesday 5 July 2016

It's Worth The Hype!

Black and silver lipstick case with lid off. Nude product
Even those who have been living under a rock in the beauty blogging world (ahem- me) have wanted to get their hands on the much coveted MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick- a matte nude shade made famous by Kylie Jenner's signature makeup look. I often talk myself out of buying hyped up makeup- usually because its too expensive or because I worry I'll be disappointed. I have scrolled through endless photographs of swatches and picked this up at every MAC counter I've passed over the last year but I've never actually taken the plunge and bought it. Last week though I was so pleased to receive it for my birthday (ah!).

I absolutely love a nude lip and I have used this every day since I bought it. It is very close to my actual lip colour and is a perfect mix of beige and subtle pink tones. It applies completely matte and stays put for much longer than anything else I usually wear (a good few hours at least). Usually I find matte lipsticks drying but this isn't in the slightest. It also has the staple MAC lipstick vanilla scent. I'm so excited to try different makeup looks with this, wear it with liner and mix it with lip creams and other shades. It will be my go-to for the foreseeable and is absolutely worth the hype surrounding it.

What's your favourite cult product?

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely color :) I need more MAC lipsticks in my life!!

    www.makeupisdelish.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! They're a real splurge & treat! xx

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite matte nude for everyday, just love it x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete