Thursday 21 March 2013

My Go-To Lipstick This Winter

Hey Everyone!

So before we completely loose winter and move into the pastels and corals of spring and summer, I thought I'd tell you about the lipstick I have been absolutely loving the past season.
dark red lipstick tube on floral quilt
white hand holding red lipstick bottom up to show '107' burgundy sticker on bottom
burgundy lipstick in dark red tube
 close up of burgundy lipstick bullet resting on its cap
deep red lipstick swatched on white hand
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Shade 107 received quite a bit of hype as the winter months began- and rightly so. The formula is one of the best I've tried: smooth, extremely pigmented and has a really distinct, almost fruity smell, which I'm pretty much indifferent to. Because to colour is so bold, you need to be careful with application, but if clumsy  old me can do it, anyone can. Although its matte, its not drying at all and I don't have to wear a balm underneath  You might want to use a lip liner, but personally I don't feel I have to. The lasting power is amazing- much better than I thought, and even though it does transfer, the colour stays on your lips. It is extremely flattering and works as a evening or day shade. 

This is a lipstick that would usually be really out of my comfort zone because of how 'out there' it is but in winter I fill my wardrobe with maroon, so why not my makeup bag? I plan to wear this until the sun finally makes an appearance,and will definitely be getting it back out next winter.

Have you tried it?
green and pink floral text with brown outline reading 'Julz'


8 comments:

  1. This is soooo nice, really want it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely shade, it looks like it's not too purple and not too red either :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shade, bit too dark for me xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could blend it out or use as a stain honestly its worth the daring shade xx

      Delete
  4. The colour is so gorgeous. I am desperate to try out some of the Kate Moss lipsticks :)xo

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete