Tuesday 29 July 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo Review

small round tub with shimmery brown contents against floral background
round pot with brown label
fingertip dipped in shimmery bronze cream eyeshadow with pot in background
close up side of white hand with shimmery brown swatch
Hey Everyone!

With so much hype surrounding the Maybelline Color Tattoos, a few months ago I gave in and picked up the shade On and On Bronze. It took me a few weeks to really get into this product: I think it takes quite a lot of practice/ playing around to get the hang of how to use it. After a good while of everyday wear, I feel equipped enough to write a review (probably the hundredth you've seen, but here's my tuppence anyhoo).

The packaging is sturdy and practical. It is quite simplistic: not the prettiest product on a dresser but I guess its whats on the inside that matters. To apply, I use my ring or pinky finger and apply by small dabs on the eyelid. Only a little product is needed because the formula is so creamy. What is most striking about this product is the richness of the colour. The photograph really conveys its depth, shimmer and pigmentation. Its super buildable, so is perfect for if you're looking for a light base or a more intense look. I usually wear just this with a tiny bit of MUA matte eyeshadow in shade 19 (a dark brown) blended into the crease. The lasting power is better than standard drugstore powder eyeshadows, though it definitely does not last 24 hours (at least on my oily eyelids) and will sometimes crease after about 5/6 hours. It is not at all a pain to remove though- just a sweep of my Garnier Micellar Water does the trick. I think this product will last for a long time but I will probably repurchase when it does run out. I'd also like to try other shades.

6 comments:

  1. I really love the formula of these, I have Prune Nocturne which is a really gorgeous deep purple :) x

    Megan / pixiecrop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're so creamy! I swiftly googled that and it looks gorgeous- thanks for the recommendation xx

      Delete
  2. I love this colour so much, I've been wearing it loads lately :) xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice! Its perfect for all year round xx

      Delete
  3. I think I'm the only blogger who doesn't own one of these! The new leather collection looks beautiful and there seem to be more wearable shades in the collection than in the original collection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll really need to check those out. I think I've briefly heard the new collection mentioned but I haven't looked into it. I'd really recommend you tried these :) xx

      Delete