Thursday, 17 October 2013

Pink Pinspiration

pink balloonsPerfectPink coatpink dresserpastel pink hairLuggagethose coloursJane Austen
Hey Everyone!

After completing a (rather odd) english creative writing assignment based around my favourite colour, I got to thinking about why pink is my favourite colour. I came up with three reasons:
 1. Its relation to other colours 
Its quite a quirky colour- it doesn't have a sure polar but stands out in a palette in its own way. Its a mix of red (fiery, passionate) and white (mellow and pure) and there are a whole variety of different shades: cerise and crimson and fuschia and rose. I think it reflects my personality.
2. What it represents in society
It is a symbol of femanism, a colour used to bring all women together for the common cause of equality and fairness. I am a strong supporter of this cause in all its forms, and believe that pink represents more than just a colour: it is a force for unity.
3. Its superficial associations
Let's face it: pink is pretty! I'm a big fan of the whole sparkle and hearts shebang... as you can probably tell from the layout!

Do you actually know why your favourite colour is your favourite colour? Its actually really interesting to think about and not just say generically.

What started off as a few of my latest pins has turned into a philosophical post haha- this is what happens when I write late at night!

What is your favourite colour and why?
post signature

12 comments:

  1. I'm not too sure! I know purple is my favourite colour, but why?! I just think it's a really pretty colour haha, I wish I had good reasons... It was my high school's colour, so maybe that's why?


    Typical Teen Times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like purple too- it is my school colour! I think that's why I like it- I'm always drawn to purple clothes thinking oo I could get that for school xx

      Delete
  2. my favourite colour changes every day haha!
    http://ellaurabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few but pink is top of the list! xx

      Delete
  3. Very cute post :) My fav color is pink for decorations but blue for clothes. I look good in blue ;) hahahaha Hope you are doing well Julz!!! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I like blue too- especially navy! You too :)xx

      Delete
  4. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I need them! Don't even care about the titles xx

      Delete