Friday 30 August 2013

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara Review

Hey Everyone!

So, by this stage, you will probably know of my addition to mascara. I try out many, many different kinds in the hope of finding my HG and I think at the moment I have around 7 open (eek!). Now, far be it for me to refuse the drugstore praise, as I buy most of my makeup, there but when it comes to mascaras I think high end brands do it much better.
open mini silver mascara tube with bristle brush
close up of silver tube with writing wearing off
A mascara I've been absolutely loving lately is the Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara. I have the sample size (possibly from bonus time a while back) and I have been using it daily for the past few weeks.

The packaging is what you'd expect from Clinique: clean and simple. The writing has actually rubbed off the tube which I found surprising as this usually wouldn't happen with higher quality products but I'm just putting it down to the fact I use it so often and I've had it a while. 

The brush is the perfect shape and size for coating hard-to-reach lashes and gives you a lot of control. It goes on very easily and dries fairly quickly but you can then continue to apply it without clumping. It separates, flares, lengthens and defines lashes amazingly. It also holds a curl pretty well. In my opinion ticking even a few of those boxes is impressive. Admittedly, I have other mascaras which are more dramatic and volumizing, but this can be layered for a more intense effect.
close up of hazel eye with long lashes
close up of hazel eye looking up
close up of eye looking down with light shimmer on lid
It strikes the perfect balance between staying power and being easy to remove. It doesn't quite stay precisely in place all day (there is very slight smudging on the bottom lash line- though remember I have oily eyelids) but there are definitely no panda eyes or flaking. Its also very, very easy to remove compared to They're Real or Telescopic. I'd say its about 4/10 effort points to take off. 

The only downside of this mascara is the £16.50 price tag. I do think its worth it though- after all, its only a few pounds more than some drugstore ones and its pretty cheap compared to other high end mascaras.

I absolutely love this (and Clinique mascaras in general) and will definitely repurchase after I get through my many, many mascara tubes. 

Have you tried it? What do you think of it?

8 comments:

  1. This looks quite good, although i'm still tempted to buy clinque's bottom lash mascara!:)
    lovely blog hun, followed!
    be great if you could check out my blog?:)
    www.trustinvogue.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I really want to get that too! I tried it in Clinique one day and it was great :) Thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. I think the price tag is alright especially if you like it so much xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds really good! your eyelashes look so thick & long!

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look so good, your eyelashes look amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete