Wednesday 13 March 2013

Guest Post: Hayley Loves Favourite Products For Under £10

Hello! I'm Hayley from Hayley Loves at lastyearsheroxo.blogspot.co.uk and when Julz gave me an idea of what kind of post she wanted, I jumped at the chance of doing this - my favourite products for under £10. I've been quite naughty lately, and have neglected high street brands and gone more for high end, so this has definitely given me the incentive to head on to my local Boots and appreciate the beauty that is affordable make up products.
black square box, red lipstick tube, cream tube, yellow chunky mascara tube, black triangular large tube, shimmery pink bottle, mauve bottle
I didn't realise just how much I reached for my Colossal Volume Express Mascara until now. I use it nearly every day, it's perfect for creating effortless, separated, long lashes. Apply a couple more coats and you're set!
If I'm looking for more statement lashes, I nearly always reach for L'OrealVolumnious 4X Mascara.  I didn't expect much from quite a thin brush, but this never disappoints. It never clumps and it's really good to layer with, if I ever need to apply more later on.
two mascara wands resting on their tubes one yellow one mauve
Everyone loves a good MUA product, and their Flawless SkinPrimer has been a staple in my make up box recently. It creates a smooth, velvety base that isn't drying and really holds onto my foundation. 
On the subject of MUA, I adooooore the MatteFoundations that are like, £2! This is my go-to foundation when I just need some when I'm running a couple of errands, but don't need a full face. It's not really matte at all, it leaves me with a dewy finish, so I think maybe oily skinned people should look elsewhere. It's medium-full coverage is really thick, but easily blendable and covers all my blemishes. Definitely repurchasing. 

I needn't rave about the Brow Kit too much, as you're all aware of how incredible it is. I use it every day, a mixture of the dark and blonde powder and it rarely smudges. And that's all I'm gonna say about that!

A cult product, the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer will be a repurchase till the day they discontinue it. Okay so this shade is a little dark for me, but it blends so well it doesn't matter too much. It's perfect for under eyes and blemishes, you know, I don't know why I'm preaching to the choir!

Finally, most peoples go-to shade this Autumn/Winter, the Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107. This deep, wine shade flattered nearly every skin tone with it's blue undertones and was perfect day or night. I still wear this now. It's not drying, perfect for a statement lip, smells gorgeous and looks really, really nice... if I say so myself.
one clear, two cream and one deep red swatch on white arm. on right: open square palette brown shades with small eyebrow brush
Thank you very much to the lovely Hayley for writing the first ever guest post on Julz' Obsessions! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did- I'm having trouble restraining myself from running to Superdrug right now and buying it all!

6 comments:

  1. I love the colossel mascara its fantastic! Super cheap and makes my eyeslashes look amazing. Great post lovely xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try it! I need to get through all the mascara I have first though aha xx

      Delete
  2. I have Colossel Mascara and it is good, but it I prefer BeneFit They're Real xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh interesting- I like They're Real too :)xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try out a kit specifically for brows
    cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete