Friday 17 August 2012

Top Tips | Using Fake Tan

Hey Everyone!

After writing this post, I found that I had a load of tips for the perfect fake tan application that I have picked up over the years that I thought some of you might be interested to know. Unlike my usual posts, I'm just going to pretty much bullet point my tips. Just for reference, I use St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse.

  • Exfoliation is key to even application. A body scrub or exfoliation glove are great.
  • Moisturiser will soften dry skin making a more even distribution, but at the same time it will dilute the tan, so you are best focusing it on dry areas (knees, elbows etc).
  • Definitely use something over your hand to apply the tan- orange hands are the worst tell tale.
  • In my experience, a fake tan mitt gives the best and most natural tan. 
  • Apply in circular motions rather than up and down/ side to side
  • Add a coat of Vaseline to your nails as it will prevent them being stained
  • In the case of stained nails- whitening toothpaste does wonders
  • For instant tans- leave for at least 8 hours for the tan to develop before washing it off
  • Avoid tanning your face with a body tanner then using your everyday foundation- yep I learned the hard way that you'll look like an alien!
So in my experience this is what works best! 
Have you got any extra tips?



No comments:

Post a Comment