Tuesday, 28 August 2012

A/W 12 Trend | The Peplum

Hey Everyone!

I have a new post series; Autumn/ Winter 2012 trend. I mostly do beauty related posts but I really interested in fashion too and I thought I would do a few posts on what sort of thing I'm really liking this season. There are two parts to these posts- I'll post some examples of the trend on the catwalk then how I would wear it. 

The Peplum is the flared ruffle over the waistline of a blouse, skirt or dress. It took off this Spring and seems to have been seen everywhere since. It defines your waist and creates the illusion of the perfect hourglass figure. It is therefore great news for all that the peplum trend is rolling over into Autumn and Winter too.

Moschino A/W 12 - Milan Fashion Week
Peplum Pop
Antonio Berardi A/W 12
Photos linked to their original source

I think its really easy when wearing peplums to look like you've came straight from work, so I would try to make it a bit more casual.
The Peplum

To be honest, I wasn't very into the peplum trend till recently but now I really like it and I am seriously considering getting one. I tried this on today in Primark, what do you think?
Let me know if you like this type of post and would like to hear more of my take on this seasons trends.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh me too, I'm not entirely sure I can pull it off without it being too officey though. Oooh cool! xx

      Delete
  2. I think peplums (that's such a strange word...) look great on some people but I don't think they're for me! I like that primark one on you though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha now I come to think about it so it is! I agree I keep umming and arring about whether to get one as I think they're really really smart :S Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so
    I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for first-time blog writers? I'd genuinely
    appreciate it.
    Feel free to visit my webpage - Doyle Brunson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :)

      Oh man I hate when that happens! Thank you very much that's great to hear.

      I am still pretty new myself but one thing I would say is blog for yourself first and foremost; writing about what interests you. This way, your passion for your blog will show and readers will be people who genuinely enjoy your blog and have similar interests. That's what I have found so far is the best thing about blogging- talking to people who love what you love :) Also, if you are keen to get your blog out there, twitter is a fantastic platform.

      Good luck and keep in touch xx

      Delete