Monday, 25 June 2012

Review | Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector All-In-One BB Cream

Hey Everyone!

Lately, I have been signing up to receive samples of products online and one of the freebies that has popped through my letterbox is the Garnier BB cream. By now, most of you will have heard of BB creams but for those who haven't, BB stands for Blemish Base or Blemish Balm, although it shouldn't be thought of as a spot cream; more of a multi-function cream that has the combined properties of other products like the coverage of concealer and the moisturising of a day cream
Inside, there are 3 sachets of the cream as well as a little bit of information about the product.
The cream comes out as what looks like a paste: thicker than I had expected but I found that it could be buffed into the skin satisfactorily with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. 

Cons
The consistency was thicker than I am used to with my Flower Perfection Foundation, and although I ordered the lightest shade, it was quite far from my skin tone, both of which meant it was difficult to blend. I also wasn't very fond of the fact that I could feel the cream sitting on my face as it felt quite heavy and oily.

Pros
The cream gives a dewy finish which is nice at this time of year and it also gives a good amount of coverage and evens skin tone well. It stayed on all day, and that was without setting powder which was quite impressive. 
Me wearing Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector All-In-One BB Cream

To sum up, I am not head over heels in love with this BB cream, but it would be a nice change from my everyday foundation now and again. It has also made me want to try more BB creams to compare- I hear that Clinique and Estee Lauder are bringing out their own this year.

This product is available in Boots (£9.99) and Superdrug (£7.49).

Have you tried Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector All-In-One BB Cream? Would you recommend any others?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about when you said it was oily and felt heavy on the skin, I bought the bb cream about a week ago to try it out and because I have oily/combo skin as it is, it really didn't work out for me. I guess I heard so much buzz about bb creams I just had to test it out haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a shame to hear. Though I actually have dry/normal skin and it didn't work very well for me either- so maybe it's just the product rather than our skin. But it is annoying when there is a lot of hype about a product and it just doesn't live up to it :( xx

      Delete