Monday, 18 June 2012

Review | The Body Shop Strawberry Collection

Hey Everyone!


During the reorganisation of my room, I decided that I should group all of my pampering products (eg. shower gel, body lotion and body butter) together so that its easier to rotate them and get through them quickly. I rediscovered my Strawberry Collection from The Body Shop that had lay in my drawer forgotten for a long time and I can't believe I haven't used it in so long!
Out of all the scents The Body Shop has to offer, I think this is my absolute favourite. It is so lovely that I actually want to eat the products sometimes (but don't worry, I don't!) It smells exactly like the strawberry perfume they used to do in Claire's (which I absolutely loved.) The smell lasts for hours on your skin and spreads through the whole room. I like using all the products in conjunction with each other so that I can just be like one big walking strawberry!
The Body Butter is extremely thick and moisturising. I use this in areas like knees and elbows that need real nourishing. This has the strongest strawberry scent of the collection which is lovely though it can verge on overpowering. I find that it doesn't spread too well, which means that I am running out already, within only a few uses. 
This lip balm leaves a slight pink colour on the lips as well as the gorgeous strawberry smell. Its moisturising and non-sticky- a good alternative to my nivea or vaseline.
These are probably my favourite items from the collection. They smell amazing- not overpowering in the slightest. The lotion is the perfect consistency so it spreads easily. The shower gel isn't great for foaming, although I love the smell so much that I can live with that.

I love the packaging of the products- its very simple yet it ties in with the scents. My favourite is the body butters tub as it is a signature body shop design.

I enjoy using this collection very much and I also love the added bonus of having matching shower gel, body lotion, body butter and lip balm. The only downside of these products is that I can see them being used up pretty quickly- I guess I will just need to save them for a treat every now and again.

The lotion and shower gel are available for £6 here.
The body butter is available for £12.50 here - it has different packaging and it is 4x the size but its the same product.
The lip balm is available for £2 here - again, different packaging but it should be the same.

Have you tried The Body Shop's strawberry collection? Do you recommend any other collections they sell?


2 comments:

  1. The body shop's strawberry scent is hit and miss for me. I love the lip balm and shower gel but I'm not fussed on the lotions :-( I really want to find out how the new body mist smells though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strawberry scents from the Body Shop but I've got it into my head that you can never buy anything from the body shop for yourself. Don't know why I think that... I need to get out of that!

    Daisie x

    http://toptenbeautsdaisiegrace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete