Monday 11 June 2012

Decor | Cute Up-cycled Glass Jar

Hey Everyone!

This is a bit of a different post today- decor I was inspired to create by similar ones I saw on pinterest and by my shabby chic obsession.
old coffee jar filled with shells, pearls and diamontes covered with cream and green napkin held with white elastic band
To make this, all I did was wash out an old glass coffee jar and fill it with a selection of pretty things. You could use anything; from sweets to dried flowers. I chose shells, pearls and sparkly jewellery as I like the contrast between them.
close up of jar with shells and fake pearls with napkin held over lid
I then covered the lid in a Cath Kidston napkin and secured it with a white elastic band. You might notice that the napkin is the same pattern as my make up bag which I like as they tie in with the pink and green theme of my room.
Floral napkin elasticated over old coffee jar
As I mentioned, although my room is pink and green, I absolutely love shabby chic decor and I am trying to incorporate small hints here and there without changing my room entirely.

I love how simple yet pretty the jar is and how is adds a really interesting touch to an otherwise boring surface.

Would you consider giving it a go? Would you like to see more decor or DIY posts in future?

No comments:

Post a Comment