Thursday 17 May 2012

Review | Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation

Hi Everyone!

I bought this foundation slightly frantically because my Clinique was going to run out and I was determined to find a cheaper alternative. I had initially intended to buy the new Healthy Mix after hearing such good things about it on different blogs but the sales assistant said that it was quite drying and since my skin does have the tendency to misbehave I thought I would be different and buy Flower Perfection instead. It was on the 2 for £13 deal so I got this and the Little Round Pot blush (review coming soon!).
beige foundation bottle with large white pump and round sponge applicator encased within cap
Claims: "A youth extension foundation giving a velvety smooth finish, for up to 16 hrs."

Packaging: It has really simple, cute packaging. The 30g bottle is made of plastic-y glass and there is a great little pump dispenser. I have noticed that the bottle actually stays really cool which is quite impressive as I think that will keep the foundation fresh and make it last longer. It comes with a little sponge in the lid and I used this a couple of times but I'm not very fond of sponge applicators as I feel they're a bit unhygienic and a nightmare to wash (especially as this one is glued in). I also think that sponges aren't the easiest to spread or blend with.

Usage: For daily make-up, I use half a pump, and apply with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush and when I want a bit more coverage I use a full pump. I find that it's really buildable and blends well.

Consistency: This is a lovely smooth liquid- not too runny and not too thick and sinks into the skin perfectly.

Smell: I like this smell but only faint whiffs as it's a bit overpowering smelling it straight from the bottle! Its a mix between flowers and the traditional foundation smell.

Results: It gives a great coverage that really evens out my skin tone. The bottle says it has a matte finish but I personally find that it is more of a dewy finish, which I actually prefer as I feel it's more natural. As for the 16hrs staying power, I don't think it would last that long on me, instead it lasts a good eight to ten hours which is really all I really need. Possibly with primer or setter this would increase though.

Final thoughts: I love this foundation! It is perfect for younger skin (the wild azalea is apparently a youth cell protector) and is exactly what I'm looking for. 

Rating: 10/10. This is my favourite drugstore foundation that I have tried so far. It is fast becoming my holy grail foundation especially at this price and the perfecting effect it has on my skin.

Phewww that was a long post! Well done if you got to the end of that! Have you tried this foundation? Do you get as good results? 

2 comments:

  1. I just bought the Healthy Mix foundation a week or two ago and I seen this in store and wasn't sure which one I should go for. In the end, I bought Healthy Mix but that was only because I had read reviews on it and knew it was going to be good.
    Sometimes I feel it's a little too dewy for me though and considering the Flower Perfection one is supposed to be more matte (although it's still dewy) I think that would probably work better for me!
    Might try it out, good review! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, but now I am so glad I went for this! It does definitely give me a glow but it's overall quite matte which personally I like :) I would definitely recommend giving it a go- it is exactly what I'm looking for in a foundation! Thanks :) xx

      Delete