Saturday, 31 March 2012

The Importance of Primer: Benefit's the POREfessional

Hi Everyone :)


I've had such a great day- I'm so glad to be finished for the Easter holidays but sadly its not a leisurely holiday for me as I have to do lots of studying. Though hopefully it'll mean I can post a bit more!


So today's will be the last post related to last Saturday's shopping trip. I was in Boots (just after my Soap & Glory haul and I decided to look for Real Techniques brushes. I couldn't find them so I asked a Benefit counter lady and she seemed quite interested to find out what they were. We were talking about how important the brushes used for application are to the final look and she explained how primer was equally as important.


She told me how primer is an essential layer which acts as a barrier between your skin and your make-up, protecting your pores from blockage. Not only that, it keeps your make-up in place all day. She then told me about Benefit's 'the POREfessional', one of their best selling products. She kindly done my make-up to allow me to see what I thought of the primer- and it was fab! 


the POREfessional
It results in an absolutely flawless, airbrushed complexion. It removed all the shine and amazingly made my spots magically disappear! It is oil-free which means it won't clog pores, as long as it is applied with a brush (fingers have oil so it defeats the purpose).


 
Me wearing the POREfessional primer. Notice that there is no shine on my forehead and my cheek tone is really even.

I was extremely impressed and I now realise how important primer is. the POREfessional had definetely been added to my wishlist, but for £23.50 I don't think I can quite justify it, so I'll have to try and make do with my MUA Pro! Nevertheless, if you want to get your hands on this amazing tube of magic, visit their website. I will definitely remember this product for future as I was just so impressed with the results I got. 


Benefit Spring 2012 Catalogue 


That's all from me tonight, hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend,

16 comments:

  1. hello, i just came across your blog and i love it, your header is amazing! i have tried a sample of this before and it was great, but some reason i never went back and got it aha. I followed your blog, would you mind maybe following my blog aswell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Oh thank you very much :) Oh really? I love it, but I don't see myself going back to it till I can afford it lol :) Thank you very much! I sure will, I follow only follow blogs that interest me, but yours is really cool so I will! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually go for MAC prep&prime, but have been interested in this product for a while. My skin is so sensitive I HAVE to use a primer. I can see the difference it has made to your skin, might have to justify the price and take the plunge...EEK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really I've never heard of that one is it good? My skin is pretty sensitive too, though I usually go without primer. Yeah definitely, if you can afford it go for it- I can't recommend it enough! xx

      Delete
  4. Love your font text and overall style on this blog! Keep it up it's fab and a great blog to follow! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! Thanks I will, I love receiving these comments :) xx

      Delete
  5. I need make-up brushes too! And I've been hearing a lot about this Benefit porefessional, but like you, I couldn't bring myself to spend so much just yet. I've used an Avon Magix one on and off, and that's pretty good too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? For me it's not really a question of needing them, as I actually bought a new set at Christmas, it's more that I really want a real techniques brush for foundation as I have seen so many amazing reviews about them! Oh really? I used to order from Avon quite a lot and I found their stuff really good but I don't get the catalogue now. I'll have to look into that! :D xx

      Delete
  6. Great post - I'm so lazy when it comes to primer this has made me think that I need to invest in one.

    Following :) would love if you could check out my blog and follow back if you like it!

    http://prettylittlepeggy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, yeah me too usually, but this definitely made me aware of its benefits!

    Ok will do thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! i know this is an old blog post, but have you tried the Rimmel Fix&Perfect Pro Primer? I use that, because at £5.99 it's less than Benefit, but offers a little more than the MUA :) anyway, great blog! It's nice to see another young UK person, all bloggers are either in their 20s or American!

    Emma (www.vivalaglambeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) No in fact I haven't but I'll look out for it in future, thanks for the recommendation! Oh yes that is really a good compromise! Aw thanks :) Yes, I find that most bloggers are older than us, though that just means we're getting an early start! Thanks for the link, your blogs fab xx

      Delete
    2. Yeah true, early starts are good! And makeup can be so expensive, most people our age spend their money on other things! And yeah, i think the Rimmel primer is quite new because I only just saw it, and it was on an offer they usually do for new products :) Thanks, love yours too! And thank you for being my first follower hahahah! I've only had my blog for a week and tonight is the first time I've actually posted on other peoples blogs so i'm not surprised i only have one follower hehe :) xx

      Delete
    3. Definitely and maybe by the time we're in our 20s our blogs will be super professional and even more amazing :) I know, like most beauty bloggers have the Naked Palette or all different Chanel and MAC stuff but until I get a job I can only really try Superdrug's finest! Aw thanks that's interesting I'll look out for it :) Oh you're welcome! You're blogs super cute! That's still good though :) And if you want to get your blog out there try the #bbloggers chat on twitter it's running just now and it's a great way to talk to other beauty bloggers! Though sometimes it gets a bit feisty lol xx

      Delete
  9. I know, it seems to be a blogger rule that you must have te Naked palette! I have a few urban decay an MAC things, but I only ever buy them on sale hahahaha! And I have the UD Book of Shadows 3 and I'm getting 4, so excited! None of ny friends Would understand yhe rxcitement of getting an urban decay palette so i thought i'd tell you haha! But they're both birthday presents, I don't just get them when I feel like it!! I work 3 hours a week, but I get hardly any money. Soon we can get jobs and buy as many palettes as we want haha! And thanks very much, I'll definitely check out the twitter hastag, thanks! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and one day I saw it in Jenners and all I could do was look at it wistfully lol :) Oh do you?! I have none of either - though if I see something constantly popping up, getting good reviews in blogs I might look into it :) Wow that's really cool, I never knew they had sales! Aw that's fab, I know when I talk about make up to some of my friends their faces are just blank like how on earth do you know that lol. Oh yeah sure, we all need an outlet for our excitement! Hm, come to think of it, my birthdays coming up, maybe I should ask for some higher end brands that have received raves. Oh really what do you do? I'm hoping to get a job as soon as possible, though like you say I don't think we earn a lot at our age! Yay I know and go on major hauls like all the older bloggers and vloggers :) Your very welcome, its good to get involved with other people of similar interests, and at the very least its an opportunity to share your blog! Every Sunday night from 8-9 :) xx

      Delete