Sunday 19 February 2012

My Current Make-Up Routine

Hi :)

Today I thought I'd do a post about my current make-up routine. No doubt this will change over the coming weeks/months- I've only been blogging a week and already I have about a million things on my to buy list that I've seen on other blogs! 

Anyway, I would say my make-up is pretty basic, I'm a big believer in 'less is more', particularly if your young (like me). My current make up is a selection of high-end and drugstore- the high-end being Clinique bonus time rejects that my mum doesn't want!

selection of makeup - brown and mint eyeshadow palette, two face brushes, white concealer tube, black mascara tube, pale green bottle, teal powder tub, small square pink blush, pink lipstick with black case and black pencil eyeliner


Products In Order Of Use: 

Clinique: Almost Makeup Shade 09: On my second tube of this stuff, it's really great as it gives coverage but not at all 'cakey' and is great for young skin as its more like a tinted moisturiser. It's a little shiny without powder though.

Rimmel London: Clear Complection Cover Stick: This is a little off my skin tone but works quite well with a base and blended in. A little drying under the eyes so I think I'll maybe get a liquid concealer next.

Avon: Translucent Pressed Powder: Does exactly it should- mattes out my face yet works in harmony with base. I really like this though I got it a very, very long time ago and I'm not sure avon still even sell them, so this has to last forever!

Clinique: Blushing Blush Powder Blush Shade 09: I think this was a Clinique bonus a while ago. I love the shade, it is great for my skin tone. Another great thing is it can be build up really nicely, so you can go for a barely there look or a more flushed (think thats the word I'm looking for)  look. 

Clinique: Cream Shaper for Eyes Shade 01: This has been in my drawer for ages and the a few days ago I decided to sharpen it and start using it again. I really like it, it defines the eye really well and stays on all day. 

Fearne: Day Compact From Dawn Till Dusk: I bought this in the Boots Christmas sale a few weeks ago, it was 75% off! I love the tones of this palette and the colour is really pigmented. I am wearing the shade to the left. 

Soap & Glory: Thick & Fast Mascara: Came with ELLE magazine, read my review here.

Nivea Lip Care Essential: An essential for everyone I think, keeps my lips really moisturised when wearing lipstick.

MUA: Lipstick Shade 9: I have a few MUA lipsticks and I think I wear this the most. It is close to my on lip colour which I like because it's simple enough to wear day to day. Stays on well and at £1 you can't go wrong!

Final Look:
girl with brown hair with black eyeliner and minimal makeup

close up of black lined eyes

That's all from me today, I feel the Monday blues coming on already. This weekend went by way to fast!  AdiĆ³s  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment